Spirit of Alba is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Spirit of Alba having its Registered Office at 21 Kelvin Way, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow G66 1BU.
LEGAL PURCHASE AGE:
We do not intentionally collect personal information from individuals under the legal drinking age nor do we intentionally market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol either in your country of residence or in the country from which you are accessing this site you must not provide us with your personal information.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
We may use personal information you provide in a number of different ways to provide specific services requested by you as well as to provide additional services that may be considered of interest to you.
Marketing Communications help us communicate with you about our products and services (and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses).
Marketing analysis helps us assess trends or to measure traffic to our websites.
Transactional communications aid us to improve the quality of service in dealing with your queries and requests, updating your account(s) information and to manage transaction specific tasks such as credit card payments for goods or services that you order from us (or our associated companies) or fulfilment of such transactions (e.g. delivery).
In providing personal information you consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
www.spiritofalba.com (“our Website”)
In addition, when placing an order the cookies will capture your first and last names, your email address and your customer ID. This information is needed in order to make your visit simple and more efficient. Spirit of Alba will never pass any personal information on to any third party apart from aforementioned ‘service providers’. Unless you check the box instructing your browser to remember your username and password these cookies will be deleted when you close your browser.
To keep your personal information secure we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide. However, we do not have control over the privacy of any communications while in transit to us. As such we ask that you do not include confidential, proprietary or sensitive information in such communications.
Where we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or under our control may have been compromised, we will endeavour to notify you of such as promptly as possible. We will notify you by e-mail.
The site may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have no control over these websites and our Privacy Statement does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you enter.
Acceptable Use Policy:
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.spiritofalba.com (“our Website”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Website.
Your use of our Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our Terms & Conditions.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any of our material.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our Website; any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website;
- or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION:
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY:
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.